Get out your favorite fruit this summer and make the tastiest, and healthiest, version of a favorite childhood treat!
- 2-3 cups fruit
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, sugar, or sugar-substitute
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Blend fruit in food processor or blender until smooth. Mix in sweetener and lemon juice.
- Pour into a pan lined with plastic wrap then spread out ⅛ to ¼ inch thick.
- Dehydrate in oven at 140 to 170 degrees F (60 to 75 degrees C, or as low as oven will go) for 4 to 6 hours, or until middle is not longer tacky.
- Allow to cool, then remove from plastic wrap.
- With clean scissors, trim off edges then cut into 1 inch wide strips.
- Wrap with strips of parchment or tissue paper, then use tape or string to seal.