If you have milk, cream, sugar and eggs, you can make this incredibly easy eggnog recipe where the eggs are cooked. This non alcoholic eggnog is a cozy holiday drink that’s perfect to share with the family.
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME 10 MINUTES | SERVES 20
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups whole Milk
- 1 1/4 cup heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks in a bowl. The whites can be placed in another bowl, covered and refrigerated for use later in another recipe.
- Add sugar to the yolks and use a hand blender or whisk to whisk them together till pale and creamy.
- Heat milk and cream in a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer. Now slowly whisk the milk mixture into the egg mixture. Make sure to add the milk mixture in a thin, steady stream so that you don’t scramble the eggs. Keep whisking continuously till all the milk is whisked in.
- Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and cook on medium heat till the eggnog thickens to your desired consistency. Keep stirring as it heats to keep it from sticking to the bottom.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.