Wow, your guests this holiday season with these amazing bacon-wrapped, honey-glazed carrots! They’re saucy and tender with the perfect mix of sweet and savory!
- 2 pounds whole carrots, peeled (½ inch thick, not all of them will be used)
- 1 pound bacon, thin-sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Select 12 carrots of similar size and thickness from the package. Wash and peel carrots. Leave the carrots whole, do not cut the ends off.
- Wrap a piece of bacon tightly around each carrot. Overlap the ends so the bacon is secured. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft and bacon is starting to crisp.
- In a microwaveable bowl, warm the honey for 20 seconds to help make the honey easier to glaze. Brush the carrots with warm honey.
- Return the carrots back to the oven for the last 5 minutes. Remove when the honey starts to bubble and the bacon is golden and crisp. If you want the bacon crispier, you can turn the oven to broil for about 1 minute, but watch it very closely or it will burn.
- Remove carrots from the oven and serve! If desired, garnish carrots with fresh chopped parsley.
A grill or smoker can also be used in place of the oven. Just cook the carrots directly on the grill grates.Maple syrup can also be used in place of the honey. Or a combination of honey and maple syrup.This amounts of this recipe should use about 12 whole carrots and 12 pieces of bacon.It can be tricky to find 12 carrots of equal thickness in one package. It helps to get a 2 lb bag so there are plenty of different size options to choose from.