Asparagus & Courgette Cauliflower Flatbread
Let this flatbread surprise you with the amount of flavor hidden within! Think of this recipe as more of a frittata with an excellent combination of ingredients.
- 300 g riced cauliflower, (pre-riced or blended in a food processor)
- 1 egg
- generous pinch of salt
- generous pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 40 g gram flour a.k.a chickpea flour
- 1/2 a courgette, , cut into 2mm thick coins
- 75g fresh mozzarella, , torn into thin strips
- 4 tbsp passata or tomato sauce
- generous pinch of salt & black pepper
- 3 stalks of asparagus, , ribboned with a peeler
- handful of rocket, (arugula)
- shaved cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the base ingredients adding a splash of water if the mixture seems too dry. Dump the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and pat it out into a circle or oval about 5mm thick. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes while you prepare the toppings.
- Once the base is baked, spread the passata out over the surface and top with the courgette coins and mozzarella. Season with salt & pepper. Turn the oven up to 200 C (400 F) and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.
- Top with the shaved asparagus, rocket and shaved cheese. Cut into wedges and eat!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat on a baking tray at 180 C (350 F) for around 10 minutes.
Leave a Reply