Brown Butter Lobster Ravioli With Tomato Cream Sauce.
Have you even wanted to challenge yourself to make a homemade ravioli filled with a simple but delicious nutty browned butter lobster and ricotta cheese filling? This is the recipe for you.
- 3 lobster tails
- 1/4 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to your taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice + lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pound fresh pasta dough or 40 wonton wrappers
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 can (24 ounce) crushed san marzano tomatoes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- To make the ravioli. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobster tails and shrimp and cook until the shells turn bright red and the shrimp pink, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the water using tongs. Let cool and then remove the lobster meat from the shell. Finely chop both the lobster meat and shrimp.
- In a large skillet, brown the butter over medium heat, stirring often until the butter is golden and toasted. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook another minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the lobster, shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the ricotta cheese and mix to combine. Set the filling aside.
- Roll your pasta dough into lasagna sheets. Place 1 tablespoon of filling one inch apart over half the pasta sheet. Brush around the filling with water to moisten and then fold the sheet over the fillings, pressing down to seal. Cut into squares. Be sure to keep the ravioli covered as you work to prevent them from drying out. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Alternately, you can make the ravioli in a ravioli press, or use this wonton wrapper method.
- To make the cream sauce. Heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, until fragrant. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened slightly. Stir in the milk, parmesan, parsley, and basil, and cook another 10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the ravioli in batches about 1-2 minutes or until they float. Drain.
- Divide the ravioli among bowls and spoon the tomato sauce over top. EAT and ENJOY!
Leave a Reply