Braised Chicken and Kale with Paprika & White Wine
Save on cost with a delicious braised chicken while never sacrificing on health or taste. This dish will fill you up and satisfy with rich flavor.
- 10 chicken pieces – I used drumsticks and bone-in thighs
- 2 tbsp paprika – I used some smoked and some sweet
- kosher salt, ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 large bunch kale (or more!), centre rib removed, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt, pepper and rub all over.
- Heat oil in your braising pan or large skillet and add chicken pieces skin side down.
- Do not crowd the pan, so you may have to do this in batches.
- Brown the chicken turning occasionally, until it’s brown on both sides and transfer to plate. This takes about 8 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, cook stirring often until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, add broth, wine, herbs and bring to a boil.
- Cover, and simmer about 40 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in the kale, maple syrup and cream, and let the sauce cook down for another 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with more salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and roasted potatoes.
Leave a Reply