Gnocchi With Brown Butter, Pecans, and Basil
Everything about “gnocchi” screams fancy, but luckily you can buy a premade version in the supermarket that takes just a couple of minutes to cook into a delicious meal at home.
- 2 16-oz. pkg. potato gnocchi
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups packed torn basil leaves, divided
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about cup)
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pecans and cook, stirring often, until nuts are toasted and butter begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add gnocchi and cook, tossing, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and almost all the basil. Serve topped with remaining basil and cheese.
Leave a Reply