Apple Pie Bars
There will be no arguments about crust with these sweet treats. These are sure to be a Thanksgiving favorite.
FOR THE CRUST
- Cooking spray1 c.
- (2 sticks) butter, softened1/2 c.
- granulated sugar1/4 c.
- packed brown sugar 2 1/2 c.
- all-purpose flour1/2 tsp.
- kosher salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon1/2 c.
- packed brown sugar 1 tsp.
- ground cinnamon1 tsp.
- pure vanilla extract1/2 tsp.
- kosher salt
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour1 c.
- chopped pecans1 c.
- packed brown sugar 1/2 tsp.
- kosher salt3/4 c.
- (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- Caramel, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9”-x-13” pan with parchment then grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Press into prepared pan about 1/2” up sides. Bake until lightly golden, 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together. Spread apples over crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pecans, brown sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter until coarse clumps form.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over apples and bake until top is golden and apples are soft, about 1 hour.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes then slice into squares and drizzle with caramel before serving.
Looks yummy will try🤗
Sounds good except for the 3/4 cu of kosher salt in the topping. That sound like WAY too much.