Flank Steak with Watermelon Salad
This simple steak-and-salad combo is classy enough for a summer dinner party.
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- flank steak
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. arugula greens
- 1/4 c. Chopped red onion
- 1 c. croutons
- 2 c. watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. feta
- Sea salt (such as Maldon)
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder. Massage all over steak.
- Preheat grill or cast-iron grill pan on high heat. Grill steak for 5 minutes on each side, then let meat rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss in arugula, onion, croutons and watermelon.
- Slice the meat against the grain. Serve steak with watermelon panzanella salad and top with feta and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Leave a Reply