This is a classic way to serve different leftovers, which you have to reheat and add in to the salsa so all the spice and citrus will soak the meat, making this a warm and cold filling in a hot tortilla, you don’t need to add anything else. It’s so simple and perfect just like that.
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium radishes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 medium habanero chiles, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pound 3/4-inch-cubed cooked skirt steak, flank steak, or pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas, warmed
How to Make It
Stir together tomatoes, radishes, onion, cucumber, and salt in a medium bowl; let stand until juicy, about 5 minutes. Stir in chiles, orange juice, and lime juice. Stir in meat and cilantro. Gently fold in avocado. Add salt to taste. Serve with corn tortillas.