Crockpot Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This soup that is perfect for these freezing cold winter days and even the upcoming dreary early spring days too!
- In the bottom your crockpot, layer the onion, jalapeños, and garlic. Add the chicken, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour over the enchilada sauce and 3 cups broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in the rice, lime juice, and cilantro. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with tortilla chips, mango, avocado, cheese, and yogurt. Garnish with cilantro and limes. Enjoy!
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought red enchilada sauce
- 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cup cooked white or brown rice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- tortilla chips, diced mango, sliced avocado, limes, shredded cheddar, and yogurt, for serving
Yum! I will be making this.