A delicious chili ready made for the chill that comes with the Fall Season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can seasoned black beans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; brown turkey, stirring often, until crumbly and no longer, pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer turkey to a slow cooker and stir in onions, diced tomatoes, pumpkin, chili beans, black beans, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and chili powder. Set cooker to Low, cover, and cook until pumpkin is tender and has started to break apart, at least 3 hours.