A perfect Onion Fritatta for some Spring friend brunching. Enjoy this Gluten Free and Vegetarian Fritatta as a healthy choice this Spring.
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup water or milk
- olive oil, for the pan
- 3-4 thin spring onions, chopped small, plus slice a few into thin vertical strips
- ½ cup chopped asparagus tips
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella pieces
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped tarragon
- salt & pepper
- a few pinches of red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium (8-inch) cast iron or oven-safe non-stick skillet, lightly sauté the chopped onions & asparagus pieces in a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper. Remove from the pan after just a few minutes.
- Blend the eggs, garlic, water, salt and pepper in a blender until combined and lightly foamy.
- Wipe out the skillet you used previously and coat it with a bit of olive oil. Pour in the eggs and add half of the veggies and half of the cheeses. Put the skillet in the oven, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the frittata begins to set but is still uncooked on top. Carefully, (without moving the skillet around too much), add the rest of the veggies and the cheeses. Continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the frittata are golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Top with chopped tarragon, a grind of pepper and a few red pepper flakes. Let cool before slicing.