Turn over a new leaf with this delicious and healthy Roasted Butternut Squash Panzanella Salad.
- Sherry Vinaigrette:
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons Sherry Wine Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon chile powder or pimento de espellete
- 6 cups day old baguettes cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Sherry Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 small shallots peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 4 cups peeled and seeded butternut squash cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms cremini, shitake and or oyster
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds
- 6 cups arugula washed and dried
- 6 Tbsp. crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
To make the vinaigrette: Combine all the ingredients in a small screw top jar. Shake to combine.
To make the croutons: pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Add the cut up baguette cubes and toss with 4 tablespoons Sherry Vinaigrette.
Bake croutons until crisp and brown, about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray. Add the butternut squash and mushrooms.
Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast until the squash is tender and the mushrooms are brown, about 25 minutes.
While the squash is roasting, combine the shallots with ¼ cup of the sherry vinaigrette. Set aside.
To make the salad combine the arugula, butternut squash, mushrooms, and croutons in large salad bowl.
Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of the sherry vinaigrette dressing and toss thoroughly to coat.
Divide mixture among plates/shallow bowls.
Garnish with the marcona almonds and the goat/feta cheese. Serve.