– Crystal Vagnier – Select Group – Writer/Editor
As winter approaches, it is important to review car safety tips as driving through adverse winter conditions can become dangerous.
- Give yourself enough time to get from place to place. Leaving early will help keep you relaxed and provide enough of a buffer for the unexpected like traffic or hazardous road conditions.
- Be prepared. Service your vehicle before any long distance traveling to avoid any hiccups. Make sure all fluid levels are topped off. Clear off any condensation, ice, or snow on your vehicle, clear it off before driving to ensure full visibility.
- Remain alert and don’t speed. Slowing down will cut back on any possible skidding on icy roads. Always pass others on the left. Remove distractions, like your cell phone, while driving and provide enough room between you and another vehicle for emergency stops.
- Always carry a snow shovel and extra warm clothes and make sure you have plenty of gas in case you get stuck.
- Enjoy the Holiday’s, but never drink and drive.