A delicious recipe for cookies that are perfect for bringing out the spookiness of Halloween. Share at your next Halloween party!
- 1 cup buttered, softened.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar.
- 1 egg.
- 1 teaspoon almond extract.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube red decorating gel
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Beat together with an electric mixer; gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating; refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Shaping: Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie. Press one almond into one end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the almond from the end of each cookie; squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the gel to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.