– Crystal Vagnier – Select Group – Writer/Editor
Every parent understands the struggles of trying to wrangle their child from harm and to create a stress-free atmosphere for your critters. Sometimes it’s not always so simple and easy. But there are always some precautionary steps that can be taken to help alleviate the pressure of moving with your young ones and fur-babies.
- Scout out your new property before fully moving in. Evaluating the safety hazards present in the new home will go a long way in knowing how to arrange furniture and what items to purchase for any adjustments. Today there are a lot of options to offset any strangulation hazards that can be found in old window coverings and blinds. Search for a Best for Kids™ label that certifies that product is suitable for young children.
- Separating any household chemicals is also important. Keeping them apart from everything else, even during the packing and moving stage, will help to maintain organization and safety.
Safety latches for bulky and heavy items will ensure furniture won’t accidentally tip over onto your child. Installing a baby gate at staircases and at any non-designated room will help deter any curious children from stumbling into something they shouldn’t. Transitions can be emotionally tough, but it doesn’t have to be physically tough on your children as well.
- Be prepared with an overnight kit full of essentials during the tumultuous time of packing, moving, and unpacking. Grooming products, toys, and food will come in handy when it’s readily accessible.
- Keeping your fur-babies away from the moving action is best. Find a quiet area where they can relax and check in on them from time to time. Attempting to maintain a usual routine will help in reducing any anxiety they may have. When relocating into a new property, transport your pet yourself in your own vehicle, and set up their room or space first to help introduce them to the new home. Keeping them indoors for a few days to become familiar with the space will help them ease into the new transition.
- Don’t forget to change the microchip information and to contact your current vet of your relocation. Be sure to bring any prescriptions, medical records, and medications that are necessary.
If you’re needing to relocate, Select Business Development Group offers exceptional relocation services. SBDG is connected with all Relocation Management Companies that help move people around the globe. They receive buyers and sellers in every market that the Select Group has a footprint. Contact (800) 922-3883 to explore your options today!