Perfect for summer! These sweet shrimp covered in spices and skewered with juicy peaches make an excellent summer meal.
- 12 Metal or bamboo skewers.
- 1 tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (ground red) pepper
- 1 lb. shelled deveined shrimp
- 3 medium peaches
- 1 bunch green onions
- Lime wedges
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in cold water at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on high.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, chile powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add shrimp, peaches, and onion; toss until evenly coated.
- Thread shrimp, peaches, and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Grill 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and shrimp just become opaque throughout, turning once. Serve with lime wedges.