Quick Black Forest Cherry Cake
An excellent twist on the classic German chocolate-cherry cake.
- 1 2-layer-size package dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2 10 – ounce jars black cherry spreadable fruit or preserves
- 2 tablespoons kirsch, brandy or cherry juice
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- To serve, in a small bowl, stir together spreadable fruit and the kirsch. Cut cake into squares. Top with whipped cream and spreadable fruit mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls. Serve immediately or chill for no more than 1 hour.
Leave a Reply