Chicken Bacon Pumpkin Gnocchi
Exquisite Gnocchi for the pumpkin lover in you
- 8 strips bacon, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add gnocchi and cook according to package directions.
- Once cooked drain, drizzle with a little olive oil and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Fry until crispy and remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate to help drain off any remaining fat.
- To the pan add diced chicken and season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- If there is a lot (more than a tablespoon) of fat remaining in the pan, drain and then add cream cheese. If not skip the draining and directly add in cream cheese. Stir gently until it starts to melt.
- Add in pumpkin puree, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in half and half and stir until combined.
- Add gnocchi, chicken, and bacon to the pan. Stir together and let sauce cook for 5 minutes to warm the gnocchi and chicken throughout. At this point, the sauce should have thickened up nicely. If the sauce is too thick add a little more half and half, if it’s too thick let it cook down just a little more.
- Taste the dish and season with kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with green onions and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply