Lemon and shallots marry for a bright taste that’s ideal for a ladies’ lunch or light supper.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 12 ounces casarecce (or penne) pasta
- 1/2 pound haricots verts (French green beans), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted salted pistachios, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta and green beans with cold water; drain well.
Place pasta mixture, thyme, and 3 tsp. lemon zest in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
Whisk together 1/4 cup pistachios, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 tsp. lemon zest in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended. Drizzle over pasta mixture. Add arugula, and toss gently to coat. Top the pasta with chopped pistachios and Parmesan.