Apple Cider Cupcakes and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
Total time: 47 mins
Moist and flavorful recipe for Apple Cider Cupcakes made from scratch with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting makes for a mouthwatering fall dessert!
- 2 eggs
- 1⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup apple cider
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer). Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the apple cider and the mixture of dry ingredients, alternating between the two, slowly incorporating them into the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Line standard muffin/cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake at 350º for 17-19 minutes. Bake until toothpick or skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Whip butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Add milk until you reach desired consistency (more for thinner frosting).
- Transfer to piping bag and frost each cupcake once they have cooled.
- Garnish with an apple slice, if desired.
- Cupcakes stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for 5 days.
cupcakes adapted from somethingswanky.com, frosting from simpleethrifty.com
These looks delicious 🙂