- 1 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. sriracha
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped carrots
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 3/4 c. chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 4–6 pieces greenleaf lettuce
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8 slices crusty country bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl mix together ketchup and Sriracha. Divide mixture into 2 bowls containing 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup.
- In the bowl of a food processor add onion, carrot, celery, parsley, and garlic. Pulse until combined, then transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, panko, and egg; mix with a spoon or by hand. Add meat and 1/2 cup Sriracha ketchup; mix by hand until just incorporated.
- Divide meatloaf into 4 equal parts. Shape each in to a rectangle about 1″ high; place on parchment paper. Spread 1 tablespoon ketchup on each piece using back of a spoon or a brush. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Assemble sandwiches by layering lettuce, tomato, red onion, and meatloaf between 2 pieces of bread. Serve with remaining 1/2 cup Sriracha ketchup.
Leave a Reply