Sweet corn takes on maximum flavor when charred on the grill, and its flavors contrast beautifully with a rich, perfectly cooked steak.
- 1 skirt steak
- Kosher salt
- 2 ear corn
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ small red onion
- 2 small avocados
- 1 c. Fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place the corn on the grill along with the steak and grill, turning occasionally, until charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer the corn to a cutting board and remove the kernels from the cobs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the corn and onion and toss to combine, then fold in the avocados and cilantro.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill. Serve with the steak, corn salad, and lime wedges, if desired.