- Serves 4
- Hands-On Time 15 min
- Total Time 30 min
- 12ounces spaghetti
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), each cut into 4 thick slices
- 3tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8ounces fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more, shaved, for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4cup sliced fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- Heat broiler. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the slices with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Warm the oil with the garlic and red pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic oil, basil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve topped with the tomatoes, additional basil, and shaved Parmesan.