50 Genius Valentine’s Day Ideas From Pinterest
Forget cliché chocolate and tawdry underthings, here are 50 seriously smart Valentine’s Day ideas for everyone you love, straight from our favorite wealth of information, Pinterest.
Read on and let us know which ideas are your favorite, and which ones you’re planning to use on February 14!
1. Use hip wrapping. Even if there’s nothing terribly exciting inside, things look better when they’re wrapped in cool paper. The handmade factor is a bonus of course, but it’s also a pleasant departure from the drugstore’s explosion-of-red-hearts wrapping paper.
2. Cute: Make fortune cookies out of red fruit roll-ups.
3. Freeze flowers in ice cubes for a gorgeous twist on cocktails.
4. Having a party? Fill clear balloons with glitter or confetti.
Photo: Bonbon Balloons
5. Made heart-shaped ice cubes with pretty pomegranate seeds inside!
6. Live in area that’s affected by the snow? Write a nice message in the snow like this, then take an Instagram photo and tag your valentine.
7. Whoa! Learn to make rainbow roses.
8. Create an origami heart with a meaningful quote.
9. Bake some muffins for your guy, and add this cute label. Hey, you’re allowed to be cheesy on the 14th!
10. Shake a little Himalayan pink salt on popcorn while watching TV or a movie (it’ll give your health a boost, too!)
11. Buy a cool blackboard mug and write a cute note on it in the morning.
12. Wear hearts in a totally chic, non-cheesy way.
Photo: Wendy’s Lookbook
13. Make a giant Oreo skillet cookie together—it’s only two ingredients.
14. Host a chic brunch for your friends on Valentine’s Day, or the weekend leading up to it.
15. Rent old Hollywood films to see how romance was really done back in the day.
16. Is your guy a sports fan? Why not write why he’s a catch on a baseball or a football? Just a warning: Upon opening it, he may think you scored an autographed ball from a sports legend, so don’t be miffed if he’s all like “Um, this is cool, too.”
17. Learn how to write a love letter.
18. Create small valentines using melted crayons.
19. Make heart-shaped holes in fruit. Why? ‘Cause it’s kind of cute.
20. DIY a fake tattoo with your valentine’s name on it (or one that says “love sucks” if that’s where your head is.)
21. Buy this understated heart-shaped frame and add a great photo of your BFF, boyfriend, sibling, etc.
22. Use some cheesy fruit-based puns, and write them on actual fruit.
23. Write a bunch of activities to do together on popsicle sticks and when you’re feeling spontaneous, randomly pick one.
24. Decorate with ombré glitter Champagne bottles.
25. Compile a list of historic events that happened on your anniversary.
26. Get an awesomely cool black heart manicure.
27. Make fun leather heart-shaped coin pouches for your friends.
28. A cute outfit and giant heart balloon? Instagram gold!
Photo: Glitter Guide
29. Another Valentine’s Day idea: Give your sweetie printable ‘naughty’ vouchers. A little cliché, but hey, it’s February 14.
30. Make these heart-shaped chocolate-covered strawberries.
31. Toss x-and-0-shaped veggies into your dinner salad.
32.Create cute bookmarks for friends or colleagues using pink paint swatches. What’s that, they only use Kindles? Make them anyway!
33. Use scrap paper to create clever cards like this.
34. Experiment with varying shades of pink on your lips and your nails. So modern!
35. Break out your old Jenga set. Use a pen or thin marker to write different love-themed instructions on the blocks.
36. Whip up a batch of pink cocktails on the only day of the year it’s acceptable to admit how much you love them.
37. Use some cheesy fruit-based puns, and write them on actual fruit.
38. Make some awesome (apple) sauce using this cute printable label.
Photo: Creating Really Awesome Free Things
39. Buy some red food coloring and make these brownies.
40. If all else fails, there’s always the booze bouquet.
41. Need a perfect gift for a child (or your class, if you’re a teacher)? Try these adorable rulers.
44. Not a sweets person? Heart-shaped pepperoni pizza might do the trick.
45. Make a wreath out of balloons that haven’t been blown up yet.
46. Brownies with candy hearts? Yes, please!
Photo: Gimme Some Oven
47. Use common snacks to create Valentine’s Day Instagram gold.
48. Here’s how to make your own rosewater—packaged in pretty spray bottles, it’s a great gift for your the women in your life.
49. Make pretzels dipped in pink, red, and purple sugar. Yum!
Leave a Reply