30 Things you should do in Lake Tahoe this Winter
- Go sledding at Tahoe Meadows and get there early or later in the afternoon for good parking. Also check out one of the many SNO-PARKS if you’re not into skiing.
- Hit the Around the World run at Mount Rose Ski Tahoe at 9 a.m.
- Cross country ski the Royal Gorge near Soda Springs.
- Moonlight snowshoe Chickadee Ridge near Tahoe Meadows and get a great view of the North Shore at night.
- Get the Firenze thin crust pizza and a pitcher of beer at Mofo’s Pizza & Pasta in Incline.
- Hit happy hour at the Lone Eagle Gille at the Hyatt and put your feet up on the outdoor fire pit.
- Order the Caesar Salad with anchovies at Pianeta Ristorante in Truckee (make reservations).
- Watch (or compete) in the polar bear swim from the dock at Gar Woods during SnowFest!
- Visit the Fat Cat in Tahoe City for Karaoke Thursdays or the West Shore Cafe and Inn for Speakeasy Fridays.
- Chow down on a Durham Ranch Bison Burger and sweet potato fries (with chipotle mayo) and a lemonade at Burger Me in Truckee.
- Get a ski lesson package (with gear and pass) at Tahoe Donner.
- Snowshoe in and camp at the Sierra Club’s Peter Grubb Hut.
- Take the Aerial Tram to High Camp at Squaw Valley.
- Ski or board Granite Chief and the Funnel at Squaw Valley.
- Bring your dog and stay at the Cedar House Sport Hotel near Truckee.
- Take the Heavenly Gondola up to the observation deck and have a winter picnic.
- Board the challenging runs at Kirkwood.
- Strap on skins and randonnée the beautiful backcountry of Mt. Tallac above Fallen Leaf Lake.
- Take a winter boat tour of Emerald Bay with the Tahoe Queen or MS Dixie II.
- Kiss at Café Fiore.
- Visit the cute towns of Genoa or Markleeville.
- Sleep under a canvas tent in the comfort of your own room at the Basecamp hotel in South Lake Tahoe.
- Grab a pesto mozzarella bagel, cream cheese and tall coffee from Rude Brothers Bagels in South Lake Tahoe.
- Go ice skating at the South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena.
- Eat the creamy and decadent Lobster Ravioli in Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce at Scusa Ristorante.
- Ski from California to Nevada and back again at the top of Heavenly.
- Hit the slots or tables at the friendly Lakeside Inn & Casino.
- Stay in a cute cabin and then go snowshoeing at Sorenson’s Resort in Hope Valley.
- Snowshoe down to Vikingsholm Castle in Emerald Bay.
- Enjoy Elk, Sea Bass or Steak with a view of the lake at the Edgewood Restaurant.
Leave a Reply