Are you thinking of remodeling? Whether it is for your brand new home, or a fixer-upper check out this list of 20 Insanely Clever Remodeling Ideas For Your New Home! Use this for inspiration for your next DYI or home makeover! Have a better idea? Tell us in the comments below!
- Lower your living room to create a conversation pit.
The bi-level living room will give your home an incredibly spacious yet cozy effect.
- Turn an attic nook into a pillow room.
What is life but one long, perpetual movie-night slumber party?
- Display your book collection under the stairs.
- Or use the space underneath for storage.
Next-level wine collection not included, unfortunately.
- Or use that space for a book nook.
- Dogs are people, too, which is why your dog should probably get his or her own little haven underneath the stairs.
- Make space for two dishwashers instead of one.
You can load one while the other washes. KitchenAid also makes a double drawer dishwasher.
- If you’re doing a HUGE remodel, ask your contractor about tacking on a treehouse or guesthouse.
This add-on might cost less than you think.
- Turn your shabby garden shed into a charming artist’s shed.
With big windows for lots of light and visual inspiration.
- Install an in-wall pest control system.
Pest-tube installation means that all the exterminator has to do is inject some stuff into one end to keep insects and rodents away.
- Maximize your space with baseboard drawers.
Especially in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Consider a hidden room.
Sometimes it’s as simple as adding a bookcase to a door.
- Make your walls MAGNETIC.
Magnektik makes large magnetic panels that are strong enough to hang anything, including shelves and TVs.
- An S-shaped seat turns your shower or steam room into one you can LIE DOWN IN.
- Have an extra-tall ceiling? Stretch a ceiling hammock across it.
- A walk-in shower means NO GLASS TO CLEAN.
And they even fit into small bathroom spaces.
- Install chutes in your kitchen for your trash and recycling.
Funnel them straight into the garage.
- A platform in a storage/guestroom hides away all of your stuff while keeping the room usable.
It’s also a great way to make a comfy nook room more functional.
- Build a bar into your deck.
- Turn dead space above a staircase into a playroom.