Anyone who likes classic French fries is guaranteed to like these cheese-and-herb-dusted sweet potato fries. They are roasted rather than deep-fried, which makes them healthier without sacrificing flavor. Leaving the peel on adds more taste and texture to the dish and also retains more nutrients.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 lb. (1 kg) orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt, plus more, to taste
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat an oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut the unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into slices 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick, and then cut each slice into batons about 1/4 inch (6 mm) wide and 3 inches (7.5 cm) long.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the 1/4 tsp. salt and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes out evenly. Roast, stirring with a spatula halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and browned on the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, parsley and garlic. Add the warm fries and stir gently to coat. Season with salt and serve immediately. Serves 4.