We all know taco salad can be a delicious eating experience and especially filling! But how about adding pasta to the mix? Well we did, and boy was it good! Check out the recipe below and get ready to reinvent the classic take on taco salad.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, (about 1 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
Sour cream, sharp Cheddar cheese, cilantro, lime
Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and stir in taco seasoning, corn, zucchini, salsa and Mexican cheese. Serve over pasta and garnish to your preference. Serves 6.
Per serving: 270 calories; 9g fat; 60 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 22g protein; 2g fiber; 850mg sodium.