I love finding clever solutions to the little snags I come across in cooking, building, cleaning, or just about anything. These are some that I find myself using all the time!
1. Use retail hangers as chip clips
2. For the always-falling zipper
3. Freeze grapes as ice cubes
4. Fit two bowls into a small microwave
5. Growing out of a crib? No problem
6. Use a leaf blower and PVC pipes to clean gutters without a ladder
7. The easiest way to make an ice cream sandwich
8. Unclog drains without expensive chemicals
Pour a half a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar into a clogged drain. Once it stops foaming rinse down the sink and your drains will be clear. A cheap and environmentally friendly way to unclog a sink!
9. Trouble with nailing something?
10. Smelly Shoes?
11. Stop people from stealing your pens at work
12. Putting your phone into airplane mode will charge it twice as fast
13. Have any old newspapers?
14. The best microwave tip
15. Fix a blurry phone camera
16. Wrap a wet paper towel around beer, and put it in the freezer to cool in just 2 minutes
17. Don’t hammer your finger by…
18. Use a can opener on obnoxious plastic packaging
19. Pizza getting too soft?
20. Popcorn hack
21. Walnuts to the rescue
22. Create a bright light in a pinch
When camping or just in a pinch, a standard headlamp strapped to a 1 gallon jug of water can illuminate an entire room or tent.
23. Stop hurting your finger
24. Tell which side an exit ramp will be on
25. A better ice pack!
26. Chinese containers are designed to fold out into plates
27. Run the razor across old jeans to resharpen and extend its life.
28. Have you wanted to make your sandwich better?
29. A cool tip for keeping your things safe
30. Unwrinkle a shirt in a flash
31. Perfectly cut cherry tomatoes all at once
32. Keep a pot from bubbling over
33. Soft-drink lids can double as coasters
34. Pinching the end of a banana is a far easier way to open it.
35. Adding a teaspoon of of baking soda when you boil eggs and the shell will come off easily.
36. If you don’t have baking soda, then peel away a small hole at the top of the boiled egg and a large one on the bottom. Finally, put the small hole close to your mouth and blow.
37. Stack clothes vertically side by side in the dresser to save a lot of room
38. Charge your phone while traveling
Many hotel TVs have handy USB slots in the back that will charge most smartphones.
39. Folding shirts doesn’t have to be a tedious chore.
40. Pulling the bones out of a chicken wing makes it easier to eat. Just twist the bone and pull.
41. Place a plastic bottle on top of a yoke and gently squeeze to separate egg yolks from egg whites
42. Save space when packing a spare change of clothes.
43. How about a cheap and easy iPhone Speaker?
44. Use AAA batteries in devices that require AA
45. Avoid Elevator Pranksters
46. Play games without ads.
Putting your phone in airplane mode while gaming will stop those annoying ads from playing!