They’re just as delicious to eat as they are cute to look at!
PREP TIME 25 MINUTES | COOK TIME 9 MINUTES | SERVES 24
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
- ¾ Cup Dark Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup Molasses Unsulphured
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg Large
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk if needed
- Frosting and candy for decorating if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined. Add in the molasses and mix until combined. Add in the vanilla and egg and beat until just barely combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until combined. If the dough is very dry, add 2 tablespoons of milk to moisten it just enough to be able to press together with your hands.
- This dough does not need to be refrigerated, so go ahead and roll it out on a very lightly floured surface. Roll to ¼ inch thick and cut out desired gingerbread shapes. Lay on the baking sheets with about an inch between the cookies. They shouldn’t spread as they bake.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until the center of the cookies is just barely baked. Let them sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Frost and decorate once cooled.
- Store gingerbread cookies in an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers. Freeze for up to 3 months.