Longer evenings, crisp sunsets, dusting off the barbecue, sitting on a patio until 8 at night could only be made better with a pile of these hot dogs.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 onions, sliced into strips
- 6 hot dogs
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 6-12 slices of bacon
- 6 hot dog buns
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat, then add onions. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft and browned, about 30 minutes.
- To wrap the hot dogs: place a line of sliced jalapeños along one side of a wiener and carefully wrap with bacon. Use toothpicks to secure in place.
- Place hot dogs on the wire rack and bake until bacon is cooked, 15-20 minutes. For crispier bacon, broil on high for the last 2-3 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with caramelized onions, shredded cheese and guacamole.