Juicy, Flavorful, and served well with a Wise Villa 2016 Viognier. This lamb is a perfect addition to any meal.
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wise Villa 2016 Viognier (Optional)
- Generously season rack of lamb with salt and pepper.
- In a large bag, add lamb and olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Let marinate at least two hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a heavy cast iron pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Remove lamb racks from marinade, pat with towels to remove excess oil and liquid (doesn’t need to be bone dry, just not dripping.)
- Add racks to pan and brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Move pan to oven and let roast for 15 minutes, fat side down.
- Flip racks on other side, and roast an additional 10-15 minutes, until internal thermometer reaches 125 degrees for medium-rare, then remove from oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.