It’s that time of year! Leaves are falling, decorations are popping up, and the City of Sacramento Christmas Tree will soon be lit, followed by Theatre of Lights. Here are some helpful tips to make the most of your time in Old Sacramento.
1. Besides street parking, there are three parking lots within 2 blocks of Theatre of Lights.
2. Come early to enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants including Ten22 (they have a kids menu), Fat City Café, or Rio City Café. If you are looking for something quick, try hot dogs, pizza, or fish and chips.
3. Do your Christmas shopping at some of the local shops and enjoy the holiday music.
4. Make it a romantic outing by enjoying a twilight carriage ride or a river cruise.
5. Be sure to take a picture with the Living History volunteers dressed in vintage holiday attire. Next years Christmas card, maybe?
6. Take a stroll through Old Sacramento. Grab a cup of hot chocolate at Steamers to stay warm or visit one of the bars for a beer or cocktail.
7. Stop by the Artists’ Collaborative Gallery to purchase a unique, one-of-a-kind Christmas ornament.
8. Stop by the Schoolhouse Museum to vote for the best Gingerbread house from November 22 to December 7. Once the winner is announced, you can still stop by to see all the entries until December 22.
9. Satisfy your sweet tooth by visiting Turtles for fudge and Turtles, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for Handmade Caramel Apples, and Sacramento Sweets Co for Kettle Corn.
10. Make it a night out by catching a show at Laughs Unlimited.